Joined: May 2006
||Posted: Nov. 25 2010,13:43
As this topic says please add/update the topic as your car passes the IVA test procedure. Please add what, if anything, it failed on so others have a better chance of passing first time. As the topic says this is meant only for the current IVA test, not the old SVA test.
Ok, so far the test centres have picked up on and failed cars (DC Roadster) because of:
1. Hydrulic handbrake - not allowed, must be mechanical.
2. Radius of fibreglass edges - think they need to be 2.5mm, stick on rubber gets around this one
3. Radius of metal grills - stick on rubber gets around this one
4. Front spot/fog lights not high enough - just take out, no need to cover hole.
5. Indicators on the front wings - need to be put on stalks for the test, this is so they can be seen from the rear of the car by them.
6. Mirror shells - need to be 3mm thick and radius - stick on rubber gets around this one
Check all radius on body work and mirrors, check your front fog/spot lights are high enough (or take out), think they need to be 250mm but please do check with the IVA manual. Blunt the edges of all metal grills.
' Perfection through passion'