Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Cars that have passed the IVA test, NOT SVA!, Please list failed items to help others< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DC Supercars

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 25 2010,13:43

As this topic says please add/update the topic as your car passes the IVA test procedure. Please add what, if anything, it failed on so others have a better chance of passing first time. As the topic says this is meant only for the current IVA test, not the old SVA test.

Ok, so far the test centres have picked up on and failed cars (DC Roadster) because of:

1. Hydrulic handbrake - not allowed, must be mechanical.
2. Radius of fibreglass edges - think they need to be 2.5mm, stick on rubber gets around this one
3. Radius of metal grills - stick on rubber gets around this one
4. Front spot/fog lights not high enough - just take out, no need to cover hole.
5. Indicators on the front wings - need to be put on stalks for the test, this is so they can be seen from the rear of the car by them.
6. Mirror shells - need to be 3mm thick and radius - stick on rubber gets around this one

Summery
Check all radius on body work and mirrors, check your front fog/spot lights are high enough (or take out), think they need to be 250mm but please do check with the IVA manual. Blunt the edges of all metal grills.

Good luck!

--------------
' Perfection through passion'

DC Supercars

Posted: Nov. 25 2010,13:54

Nearly forgot, Sam's orange Roadster has passed

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

DC Supercars

Posted: Nov. 25 2010,13:56

Also David's yellow Roadster - 6.0 Litre interior

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

DC Supercars

Posted: Nov. 26 2010,13:19

Another car has failed, on wiper speed!! There is a minimum amount of cycles per minute that the wiper must achieve on slow and fast speed. Also there is a percentage difference needed between the two! Not sure if it is applied to a 'wet' screen or dry though. Again please check with the IVA manual for guidance. On the car in question it might be that the builder sourced a second-hand part that is a bit tired and a quick change of the wiper motor is all that is needed.

--------------

DC Supercars

Posted: April 13 2011,20:07

Congratulationís to Steve whose Black Roadster has passed the IVA test and is now on the road. The car failed first time on the wiper speed (see previous post) and the fog lights. The fogs lights DID come on with the side lightís, this was changed to come on with the dipped beam.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

chrisbarbers
Chris

Posted: April 13 2011,20:59

Congrats Steve, well done... nice looking car

However can I be a complete anorak and point out that the front inidcators/side lights are the wrong way around †:;):

--------------
Car is painted and looking sweeeeeeet.

DC Supercars

Posted: April 13 2011,22:21

LOL :laugh: I'll pass that on to him.

--------------

AcC8braman

Group: Admin
Posted: Aug. 03 2011,12:55

Any more passed since April?

DC Supercars

Posted: Aug. 03 2011,17:37

Not been informed of anymore yet, but I know a few are close to going.

--------------

AcC8braman

Posted: Aug. 03 2011,18:01

Hi Clive,

I tried to send an email via your site, I'm after a number of parts for my mirage but it's not working?

DC Supercars

Posted: Aug. 03 2011,20:13

PM sent

--------------

DC Supercars

Posted: June 18 2013,19:56

Sid's silver Diablo Roadster has just passed

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

DC Supercars

Posted: June 18 2013,20:00

It failed first time because the brakes didn't register enough on the IVA machine, this turned out to be nothing more than the pads needing to be bed in. A few runs out and using the brakes soon sorted this problem!

--------------

AcC8braman

Posted: June 18 2013,20:55

That's great news :) and hope for mine to, although it's not a Diablo

DC Supercars

Posted: June 25 2013,07:51

Sid has now got his car registered on a '13' number plate.

--------------

Pac man

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 09 2013,13:34

Hi Guys
OK mine ready or not is heading for IVA and has fallen at the first wall.

Had a call fro IVA Swansea where since July 22nd all IVA applications go to.
They have rejected my applications on the following and when i spoke to them they had all the spec in front of them.

RPM i put 4600 and they have said a M70 spec is 5200
BHP i put 225 and they have said a M70 is 395
Top speed i put 110mph and they have said M70 limited to 155mph unless i can show conclusive proof that in using the UN1 gearbox the speed will be lower.

So i have had no choice but to agree on the spec they have said as they have turned down two other cars last week for the same reasons.

So in speaking to them more.

Top speed will affect tyres rating and speedo rating and any spoilers fitted, and mine are with there spec speedo reads 220mph and tyres rated over 155mph and will go with no spoiler fitted.

BHP we not going to argue this as i am running a different ECU which when set up correctly will be more than the spec.

RPM is my only issue as noise from the checked IVA level is just above the level asked so may end up putting in more silencers.

He also dropped in conversation they look at this site and others on a regular basis for info chaps so be warned with what we say and PM may be a must.

Still not date and having agreed on changing the info on the sheet they will pass my application and call me hopefully this week with a date but so fare its taken 3 weeks to get this far.

Well lets see and just taking it with a pinch of salt at the moment.

Pacman

AcC8braman

Posted: Sep. 09 2013,18:45

3 weeks!!!

DC Supercars

Posted: Sep. 09 2013,20:57

Paul, not sure they can tell you what rpm you engine will rev to when this can be limited on the ECU via the hard and soft limiters! You could set your ECU to say 4000rpm if you so desired. They are going on the spec of the engine when new and running bmw's three ECU set up. The M70 gave out 300 bhp (295 some sites say) when new, prob most are now giving 270 bhp due to wear and tear. The bmw was limited to 155 mph but was capable of more. Having said this the ratio of your gearbox will affect the top end speed, prob bringing it down to 130 - 150 mph.
The tyres you are running are rated to 186 mph at least so don't worry about putting the true top speed down, even though it will be your best guess. They could work out the top speed using a gear ratio calculator since they know the size of your tyres if they really wanted to! My Roadster got up to 120mph in fourth on the rolling road, so in fifth maybe 150?

--------------

Pac man

Posted: Sep. 09 2013,23:54

Hi Clive,

thanks for the info and during the 1hr 20 min conversation with them i went through all combinations i could about  RPM, Speed, and BHP. the only conversation i was winning was the top speed and presenting him with my gear ratios and tyre sizes with BMW spec it worked out just over the 155.  @ 157 which i feel i can do as i know in my Countach i got just over 140 with a V8 and have achieved similar in Sam Mclaren trying to keep up with him running UN1 gearbox.

The man was on a mission and had two others he rejected for the same reasons.

As for the RPM yes he agreed this could be set to a set RPM but when you leave you could raise this and we need to work on the maximum.

He had loads of info on the BMW spec and the various ECU us guys have started to use and seamed every time i gave him an answer he just came back with yes but we need to test to the full.
In the end i said ok lets go with the flow and if i need to add silencers i will using F360 shut down valves to lower the noise as i have them to hand in case.

Hopefully the paperwork will be signed of today and my next call will be my date.

Cheers
Pacman

Pac man

Posted: Sep. 26 2013,15:21

IVA Monday first of the week and at good old Gillingham.

Might not be saying that on Monday night with my list of
issues but well at least i will know what will be needed to complete registration.

We can only do are best and down the the man who looks the car over.

Cheers
Pacman

88 replies since Nov. 25 2010,13:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Quick Reply: Cars that have passed the IVA test, NOT SVA!
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code