Welcome Guest Log In :: Register


[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Needing help with registering< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

Group: Members
Posts: 25
Joined: Feb. 2006
Posted: Mar. 03 2016,21:42

I'm needing a little help,

I bought a Countach replica years ago that came from Guernsey were it had been on the road for years. The car was exported to the UK in 2002, i bought the car from the person who imported it in 2003. Me being young and not knowing what i was buying didn't check there was a log book or an export certificate. I'm now trying to see if i can register it without having to IVA it, i'm pretty sure I cant be just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I have contacted Guernsey VRLD but they changed there system in 2007 and no longer have any info on the car so cant get another log book from them.  


Back to top

Group: Admin
Posts: 963
Joined: Mar. 2010
Posted: Mar. 04 2016,14:48

The DVLA site seems to indicate it would need notifying for tax purposes when it arrived &#128563;

Then approval before registration issued albeit cars over 10 years old are exempt apparently.

Have a look on the gov. website mate think you'll be ok.

Ex- Countach owner!!
Back to top
1 replies since Mar. 03 2016,21:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]


Quick Reply: Needing help with registering
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code