Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Stoneleigh 2017< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
~dan~

Group: Admin
Posted: Dec. 21 2016,17:49

Will have a Lambo replica club stand!!!

I'm going to request the plot opposite the one we normally have, (by the big trees) as its more flat, easier to drive onto, nearer to toilets etc.....

So it will go ahead.

:cool:

chrisbarbers
Chris

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 22 2016,12:04

cool

--------------
Car is painted and looking sweeeeeeet.

~dan~

Posted: Jan. 04 2017,18:06

Chaps

Could do with some expressions of interest or it might be me in a Chrysler cruiser on the stand

:p

chrisbarbers
Chris

Posted: Jan. 04 2017,22:28

Dan I am hoping at the very least to bring my car even if it is brought on a trailer, but will have to wait and see, I have half of April off leading up to the show to finish any bits but not sure it will be registered.... watch this space

--------------

Matt

Group: Super Administrators
Posted: Jan. 07 2017,14:23

I'll be at the show guys, so it'll be good to catch up for a few beers.

I will actually be working for most of the show, as it's the first year I値l have a trade stand as we're finally in a position to showcase our 250GT. So hopefully see some of you over for a chat at some point.

Would be good to see some Lambos there, but I won't be bringing mine down I知 afraid.

Cheers,
Matt

AcC8braman

Posted: Jan. 10 2017,11:18

Quote (Matt @ Jan. 07 2017,20:23)
I'll be at the show guys, so it'll be good to catch up for a few beers.

I will actually be working for most of the show, as it's the first year I値l have a trade stand as we're finally in a position to showcase our 250GT. So hopefully see some of you over for a chat at some point.

Would be good to see some Lambos there, but I won't be bringing mine down I知 afraid.

Cheers,
Matt

Oooh - lets have a peak ;)

Matt

Posted: Jan. 10 2017,16:10

We have a new website coming soon (once i get around to building it) which will have tonnes of stuff on.
But a few little photos/videos/history/etc on our facebook, if you want a sneak peak...
https://www.facebook.com/mirageautomotivedevelopments/

clivesroadster
07868 708874

Posted: Jan. 10 2017,19:46

Not missed a show yet! We will be there.

--------------
Regards Clive Dingwall

Current status .......Unemployed Biscuit Designer!!!

AcC8braman

Posted: Jan. 11 2017,19:30

Quote (Matt @ Jan. 10 2017,22:10)
We have a new website coming soon (once i get around to building it) which will have tonnes of stuff on.
But a few little photos/videos/history/etc on our facebook, if you want a sneak peak...
https://www.facebook.com/mirageautomotivedevelopments/

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW,

How much ;)

chrisbarbers
Chris

Posted: Jan. 14 2017,12:03

Well Matt I think that is pretty poor, your bl00dy Diablo has been finished for years now and we still aint seen it in the flesh.... :angry:

250 looks nice though :D

--------------

clivesroadster
07868 708874

Posted: Jan. 15 2017,17:41

Yeah, what Chris said ^^ :p

--------------
Regards Clive Dingwall

Current status .......Unemployed Biscuit Designer!!!

Matt

Posted: Jan. 23 2017,14:58

Yeah Chris I agree, it's pretty poor on my part, sorry mate. But I've been flat out with the 250 for the last 5 years so the Diablo has just taken a bit of a back seat. I can send you pics though if you want any. It's just tucked away in its pyjamas in the corner of the garage.

I think I've only done around 300miles in it over the last 4 years. Truth is, if it drove anything like it should do, then I would use it more, but frankly, it's bloody dangerous and by far the worst thing I致e ever driven. Knowing what I know now about steering geometry and chassis design, that PD chassis is crap. It really needs the whole front end chopping off and starting again in my opinion, but I知 just not prepared to spend another penny on it.

Maybe this is why so many PD cars get sold after the have been finished, because they are just un-driveable? Who knows

I took it to a local track day shortly after I had registered it (mainly to just get it set up properly). My mate who is a semi-pro driver took it out to get a feel for it, and feedback what he thought needed to be tweaked. He only did two laps of our local track and refused to go out in it again. He said and I quote "It steers worse than a series 1 Land rover". After that I spent months trying to get it set up somewhere close, but it's just impossible with the current design of the front end.

So, there ends my tail of woe. I'm going to have to do something with it one day, but no idea what at the minute.

chrisbarbers
Chris

Posted: Jan. 23 2017,17:41

Oh, that's not good and hugely dissapointing... deffo send pics, lots of them.

--------------

Nathan

Posted: Jan. 31 2017,18:32

Interesting comments on the Diablo Matt. Wow I had no idea you were not happy with it and had only done 300 miles! I actually thought mine was OK (given it was a kit car) and TBH drove like I thought it would but then I've never driven a real one.. I wouldn't say I was as unhappy as you are though, and I have driven a lot of cars in my time to get some idea of comparison. It certainly wasn't on my list of reasons to sell mine either.

I did find it a bit twitchy on the front and the back end let go one day on a roundabout when I completely didnt expect it but it didn't get out of shape after a bit of correction was put in. I put it down to a damp day and loads of weight on the rear end. It tramlined awfully prior to setting tow (understandable) but I never spent any time on ride height or in fact any other adjustments so maybe I got lucky but I appreciate that with your new knowledge on suspension design, you can't polish a badly designed setup and maybe as you say it will never be right without a complete rethink.

The 250 isn't my thing, but I have to say it looks amazing!

--------------
"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

Nathan

Posted: Jan. 31 2017,18:34

Doh, I meant to say I would love to go this year, especially to meet with Matt who I haven't seen for like, forever. Unfortunately I am down to work so would need to take 2 days leave, with one of them being double bubble so I just can't justify it. Gutted :(

--------------
"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

gtofezza

Posted: Feb. 07 2017,11:43

Looking forward to it!

~dan~

Posted: Feb. 07 2017,20:44

Spoke to Rodger at Grosvenor today, stand confirmed as directly opposite. My car is sold so I will lug a marquee, wood burner and BBQ.

Bring meat and beer please chaps

:cool:

Zoomie woz

Posted: Feb. 14 2017,22:35

Whats the cost of a ticket for the day on the door as the website is down.

~dan~

Posted: Feb. 15 2017,11:47

Think it's 」20?  :)

Zoomie woz

Posted: Feb. 17 2017,16:49

Thank's Dan. I might pop down for a look as its years since I have been to one. :(

51 replies since Dec. 21 2016,17:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Quick Reply: Stoneleigh 2017
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code